Position Title: Business Intelligence Developer (Cognos/Tableau)
RCR Technology Corporation in Indianapolis, IN is seeking Business Intelligence Developers (Cognos/Tableau) proficient in designing and developing framework models, cubes, relational and multi-dimensional reports to help analyze the trends and variances primarily in Medicaid and Healthcare related Data. Individuals will apply advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of computer science or any STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) field concepts and principles to perform the following duties:
• Design and develop cubes using Cognos Transformer with source data coming from the framework models or IQD’s.
• Responsible for large amount of clinical / healthcare data and design queries, reports, graphs, charts using data-analysis and Business Intelligence tools like Cognos and Tableau.
• Perform design and development work with different databases (Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL Server), and analytical/reporting tools such as Cognos, Tableau.
• Work closely with business analysts to provide technical review and development estimates based on desired metrics defined by business teams and clients.
• Develop List, cross tab, drill through, master-detail, chart and complex relational and multi-dimensional reports which involves Multiple Prompts in Report Studio.
• Create visually appealing dashboards using Cognos Active reports and Tableau.
• Create Dashboards, Reports (charts, maps) using Cognos for Healthy Indiana Plan.
• Build models using Cognos 10 BI Framework manager and publish the packages to Cognos Connection.
• Write SQL queries in Teradata, Oracle to validate reports and research/analyze data.
• Create Drill through reports from Dashboard to all summary/trend reports;
• Analyze specifications provided by clients and develop specification documents for reports.
• Translate business requirements into a data model in order to communicate with IT for the creation of analysis cubes;
• Troubleshoot query issues during report development;
• Develop and execute unit test plans to successfully deliver a project;
NOTE: This position does not involve any project management nor does it involve any supervision of personnel.
REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or any STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) field of study, plus at least one (1) year of experience in the job offered or as a Developer, Analyst or in any related position(s).