As a member of the Application Services Team for the Indiana Eligibility Modernization Project, this role is responsible for the 24×7 operations and agreed to availability of the supported applications, infrastructure and batch monitoring, reporting, and account administration associated with managing multiple environments. The Operation Manager serves as liaison between RCR staff and state personnel for file/server/workstation permissions, hardware, software, and batch requests to facilitate RCR tasks.
- Manage production environment and schedule to maximize system availability.
- Manage development and test environments and their connectivity to other systems to support the development and testing needs.
- Manage team of System Administrators and Production Support Analysts to support the production and non-production environments including leading server, operating system and other supporting software upgrades.
- Coordinate with security officer to implement and maintain security related plans and initiatives for applications and infrastructure
- Oversee production issue management including helpdesk support and defect triage process.
- Lead teams in root cause analysis, problem solving, and solutioning.
- Oversee batch scheduling.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts.
- Participating and providing leadership for application maintenance release (MR) activities.
- Participating in leadership discussions with other management staff – BA manager, operations manager, test manager, project director, PMs.
Manage server and software requests and procurement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience with these tools and/or technologies: Maven, ANT, Jenkins, Oracle, VMWare, Docker, Tomcat, CA7, WebSphere, Rational Team Concert (Jazz), Captiva or other document management/processing systems.
- Experience with these processes and/or concepts: Continuous integration, SDLC, DevOps, Pipelines, Incident Management
- Previous experience with multiple, concurrent projects on enterprise and mid-levels.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including: executives, managers, subject matter experts and system users.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and change gears quickly.
- Skilled In conflict resolution.
- Experience in State and Local government public assistance eligibility, policy and procedures is a plus.